REACH - the European regulation for Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals
(Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006) OF THE EUROPEAN PARLAMENT AND COUNCIL
On 1 June 2007 the REACH legislation (Registration Evaluation Authorisation of Chemicals) entered into force within the EU. REACH is a regulation aimed at all producers of chemical substances, based in the EU, importers introducing chemical substances into the EU as well as all companies using or handling chemical substances. This European regulation is legally binding on all EU member states without having to become domestic law.
Explanation of REACH
- In accordance with the definition of REACH we, as a developer, producer and seller of motorised systems, assume the role of a so called "down-stream user" within the REACH hierarchy, since we neither prepare nor produce such substances ourselves, nor purchase these outside of the EEC.
- Since DewertOkin GmbH acts solely as a "down-stream user", DewertOkin GmbH is under no obligation itself to register such substances. For this reason, all our suppliers have been made aware of their duties in respect of the registration, or as the case may be, pre-registration.
- DewertOkin GmbH is unable to provide any information regarding the status of registration, or as the case may be, pre-registration of substances, since most of our suppliers, just like DewertOkin GmbH itself, assume either the role of a "downstream user" or handler, and as such themselves request the upstream suppliers to pre-register any relevant substances, and because no conclusive statements are available to us at the present time.
- DewertOkin GmbH as a developer, producer and seller of motorised systems is obliged for conducting sales within the EEC to provide information (REACH Article 33 (1 .) on the presence of substances of very high concern (SVHC) from a threshold value of 0.1 mass percentage in relation to the product weight, in as far as such substances are used (REACH Articles 57, 59).
- Products developed and manufactured by DewertOkin GmbH as well as those sold under the name of DEWERT and OKIN.